Tuesday 29 November 2011

Lotions and Potions Trial Batch

Well I've been away from the blog for what feels like ages! But I've been busy beavering away, putting together recipes for my first trial batch of lotions and potions. It's been lots of fun mixing and concocting creams and serums for my merry band of testers and now I've got the whole range made up, I thought I'd take a quick break from it all to show you what I've done.

I've been focusing mainly on products for dry skin (all the ones in the photo above), using rose and alchemilla as my main herbs, combined with a range of rich natural oils and butters to give dry skin a real treat.

But - I couldn't resist it - I've also made a couple of anti-aging products to smooth out those wrinkles and fine lines.

Again, alchemilla is one of my main herbs here, with it's elastin promoting qualities. But I've also been researching other natural age busters and have found lots of plant based alternatives to the ingredients used in commercial creams and serums. These are some of my most fancy products!

I've also got face creams for oily skin and combination skin. But the cream I like the most is my Starflower Face Cream for tired skin.

I made this with work hard play hard types in mind. It's packed full of nutrients and health inducing ingredients that compensate for the impacts of busy, city lifestyles - pollution, smoking and drinking. There are so many fantastic natural ingredients out there, I just couldn't not make a super healthy cream to boost up tired skin. I can't wait to see how my testers get on with this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails